Thursday, May 2, 2013

Poem: WALKING ON THE PATH OF REDEMPTION AND PENANCE by Nandini Mitra



WALKING ON THE PATH OF REDEMPTION AND PENANCE

I sit alone by the stream,
Lost in my thoughts deep within.
The soft gurgling sound of the water,
Enthrals me;
As my tired heart feels rejuvenated
By the sound of the temple bells ringing at a distance
To the beat of a gentle hymn.
The canvas on the western sky
Is splashed with a riot of colours,
Creating an ethereal mood
Leaving an impression soft and tender.
I detach myself from the world
Of cruelty and unkindness,
To walk on a path of redemption and penance,
By spreading the fragrance of love,
In an attempt to salvage the aching hearts
To the silent shore of peace and solace.
The stream gently flows by
With a promise to seal our friendship
For years to come,
When love will rule over
Hatred and corruption
To create a world based on truth and dedication.
The sound of silence
Soothes my soul,
And I yearn for more
Before I reach my goal.



The poet is a teacher and lives in Siliguri. She believes in love and feels through it spiritual forces can be transmitted.
This belief is reflected in her poetry...

1 comment: